Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Monday, February 21, 2011

And it came to pass we lived after the manner of HAPPINESS!​! -2 Nephi 5:27

Dear Family,

This past week was so full it felt like a month has gone by...but it was just a week! So I think that I have been a missionary way to long. We listen to some really cheesy church music and I like it! We joke about scriptures and doctrine and we think it is so funny! I remember when I first came on my mission and everyone seemed to laugh at the lamest things, well....now that's me! I hope that I am not to strange when I come home. :D

This week is what I like to call the week of miracles. It is so amazing what has happened this past week! So to start off we had A LOT of cancelled appointments, Sister Hamblin got sick, and other small things, but we didn't let anything get us down, we persevered and we came off conquers! Just kidding I just like to be dramatic...... But really...... First of all we met with a lady named Valerie Cook she has some of the best questions I've heard, and we will answer all of them someday if she ever listens. She likes to talk a lot, but some how we will get a few words in. Sometimes it's so funny that we as young ladies go to these older people's homes and teach them about truth. I think they feel a little strange getting taught from people younger than them, but its seems to work out quite well.
Are you ready for the coolest story of the day!!! OK so about three weeks ago Sister Hamblin and I were knocking on a street called Reid and nothing came of it. Well a few days ago we get a call from some of the Elders and they said that someone named Justin was looking for me, and Sister Hamblin. He remembered our names and everything! I remember talking to him, he was really nice, but not the slight bit interested. Well it turns out that after we left him that day he checked out out website and it really hit home for him. He did a lot of research and wants to learn more! yesterday was the first time that we met with him and can I just say he is golden!! When I talked him on the phone before we went over he expressed that he isn't comfortable with the world and the way that it is going and that he wants to find truth. Our lesson with him yesterday was magical! He works as a chef downtown and he is just awesome! That in its self was a miracle, because It was three weeks ago and now we are finally meeting with him. I know and have a testimony that the Lord blesses hard working missionaries. Also with out 2 Chinese investigator (Who are both on date to get baptized.) we had some really cool lessons with each of them. With Jing we set up a really cool visual about prophets and why they are so important in our day. And with Bo we met with him after church yesterday and it was just a really cool lesson. We all sat in a class room on the floor and had a sweet discussion about prayer. Last week Bo had no belief in God. We committed him to pray and when we met with him later in the week he shared his experience about his prayer. He explained that after his prayer he felt peace, and he said for some reason I wanted to cry, but I didn't! Bo now believes in God and is coming closer to him everyday! Miracles happen!!
So yesterday at church the happiest thing happened!! Hari one of my old investigators showed up at church! It was such a surprise I almost had a heart attack! I am sure a already told you this, but he is getting baptized APRIL 4TH!!! I am so excited for him.
I love being a missionary It really the coolest ever! I love all of you so much! Have a fun week and know that I am thinking and praying for all of you!

LOVE,

Sister Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment