Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Monday, April 18, 2011

“… Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives”

Dear Family,

My heart is full. The blessings that I have received and am still receiving are endless. Dad I am so happy that you have not only 1 but 2 jobs now! And that you are preparing to enter the temple. I am so excited. I really can't explain the way that I feel right now. I am just so happy that I can't help but tear up. hold on I have to go blow my nose. Okay I'm back whew....
I survived my first week on a BIKE!! I'm not going to lie it was quite the adventure. Lets just say I slept like a baby almost every night. I am definitely getting back into shape which is awesome! I never realized how many blooming hills there were in this place, but its good for me, it only makes me stronger. Don't worry I will send some pictures of me on my bike. The weather has just been so wet and nasty that I don't really want to ruin my camera. The weather this week has not been the best. I am getting sick of being soaked all the time, but at least it's not snow. :) Things could always be worse. But you know what you should pray for...pray for the wind to stop blowing! riding a bike in a skirt is bad enough. Ha ha!
Oh, before I forget dad happy birthday Tomorrow!! If I am wrong I am really sorry. Also next week my P-Day is on Tuesday just so you don't worry about me.
Sad story of the week
Jing Ye one of our current investigators is planning on getting baptized this Friday. Well she called her dad excited to tell him the news that she was getting baptized, and everything went down hill from there. Now she is going back to China soon to talk to him and then when she comes back she might get baptized. I am really sad about the whole thing, because she wants to get baptized and she knows the Book of Mormon is true, but of course like all of us we want our parents approval. At that moment I wish that Hari was there to share his testimony. You should hear it sometime. Its amazing! I have been praying to know what to do, and I feel peace that someday Jing will be baptized it may not be this Friday or even next year, but she will. I am learning so much about trusting in the Lord's timing. Its not always easy, but its always the best.

Miracle of the week
Bo Xi brought his friend Xiao Hah to church and we are planning on teaching him this coming Saturday! I am super excited. I just wish that I spoke Chinese! Also the next miracle is that I didn't die on my bike. Sometimes riding on the road is scary on a bike, but thankfully the drivers here are super nice and share the road. Also I know that angels are protecting us here, so don't even worry about me!

Must say I am so excited to talk to all of you on Mothers day! I feel like so much has happened since Christmas. Just so you know we as missionaries can use skype, so maybe you should think about getting that?

This past week felt like a year, it was hard and I had to rely on the Lord even more, but I liked it! I am excited for what the following weeks hold. I love all of you SO SO MUCH! keep up the good work. I know that all of you say how proud you are of me, well I just have to say I am so proud of all of you!

Love,

The one the only

Sister Ashley Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment