Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A sunny day from Canada

Dear Family,

I LOVE YOU!!!!! I loved talking to all of you soooooooooooooo much!! It was wonderful to hear your voices. I am so happy that things are going well. I am so grateful that God has given you all as my family I wouldn't have it any other way. I got your letters today and they made me so happy. I know we pretty much talked about everything but still I love hand written letters. Today we are planning on going to the beach and having a barbecue I am super excited! I don't really know what to say cause I just talked to you all Sunday, but I was laughing yesterday as Sister Olsen and I were walking in the rain, because I remind myself of Forest Gump when he writes Jenny and tells her all about the rain in Vietnam. I feel like that here in Nova Scotia there is fat rain and skinny rain, rain that comes in sheets and rain that hits you coming sideways, cold rain, misty rain, its so funny how many different types of rain there really is.
Lately the work has been a bit challenging we have had canceled appointment after canceled appointment getting yelled at, told never to come back, called crazy and that we are brainwashed etc. But I am learning from all of this rejection more of how the Savior himself felt as he went about preaching peace. I am so grateful for this gospel. It makes so much sense the more I learn the more everything seems to fit together. Its like a big puzzle and I am slowly putting piece by piece together and I am beginning to see the bigger picture. I think it would be a good idea for you as a family to start reading a couple verses of scripture together every night or something. Because if you remember in 1 Nephi the iron rod is the word of God which is the scriptures and they will teach us things that we need to do. I can promise you if you take the time to read that everything in life will seem to go just a bit smoother.

Okay so dad I just want you to know how proud I am of you!! Keep working hard to get to the temple, because you will love it! I love you! Mom just so you know we do have a croc-pot so send on the recipes. Jordan I am so proud of you for getting into upward bound and just how well you are doing in everything. Keep up the awesome work!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Love,

Sister Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment