Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Thursday, October 14, 2010

light drives darkness out

Dear Family,

HELLO!!!!!! How are you all doing!! Thank you for the letter and the post cards I love them!

The mish is going well we are teaching a bunch of people and it is awesome! I feel really really blessed to be here in Halifax! I told my mission Presidents wife yesterday that I wouldn't mind spending my whole mission here. I am know that is not likely to happen, but it is still a thought! The weather is getting cooler here and it makes me really scared for winter! Today we are going to shop for all of Sister Hudson's winter clothes which should be fun! Oh, so I have a funny story we were teaching someone and we asked the person to pray at the end of the lesson and he wasn't sure how so I told him that I would pray first and then he could. He said okay, so I started to pray after I said: "Dear Heavenly Father...." he said:" Dear Heavenly Father" and it was so cute! I felt like a mom with there little kid at the pulpit helping them bear there testimony it was super cute. Little things happen like this everyday, but I am sure all of you are just staring a this screen scratching your heads wondering what has happened to Sister Crofts, but trust me it was funny! It was Thanksgiving this past Monday and it was fun I guess. We didn't get invited to any one's house and we were kind of sad, but we had some lasagna that someone had given us, so we packed it in my backpack and went out and later we went on campus to warm it up, there we met a member and he shared his lunch with us, so that was my first Thanksgiving in Canada and to be honest it will probably be my only one. But it was a good time. The Lord always provides a way whether it is eating with a member or parting the red sea. He is very much involved in our lives.

So on Sunday Joe received the Holy Ghost and it was such a neat experience. He was grinning from ear to ear and I was so happy! This church is true! Things in Halifax are going well. Our new apartment rocks! Our mission President and his wife came and looked at it yesterday and said that is was probably the nicest one in the mission. Pray that I never leave Halifax okay!!! :D Well I don't really have anything else to say, I hope that you all have a wonderful week and I will talk to you soon! Really though Christmas is just around the corner. Remember that Happiness runs in a circular motion just like a little boat upon the sea......

Love,

Sister Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment