Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Self is created, not found"

Dear Family,

Strange another week has passed by and here I am once again. Time really does go by so fast. I mean look at it, November is more than half way over! So I want to share a poem with you, that my one of my companion's shared at her mother's funeral it goes like this:

My life is but a weaving
between the Lord and me,
I cannot see the pattern
He worketh steadily,

Oft times He weaveth sorrow
and I in foolish pride
forget He sees the upper
and I the under side.

The dark threads are as needful
in the workers skillful hand
as the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planed.

Not until the loom is silent
and the shutter cease to fly
will God unroll the canvas
and reveal the reasons why.


I really love that poem and at this time in my life it gives me comfort. Sometimes in life we don't quite understand why things happen to us, but some how some way, we keep pushing through and we are able to get through everything life throws at us. Almost all the sorrow that I have felt since I have been on my mission have been because of the terrible things people must go through to live the gospel, and also when they choose to not. Of course there is the occasion when your heart gets broken, but it happens. I am just grateful that God will never give me anything that I would not be able to handle. Everything will give me experience and will be for my good. sometimes it's hard to understand, but its true. last night as we were walking home from a really good appointment with a new investigator named Kuol I got a message from one of our investigators Susan. As soon as I received the message I knew something was off. So I called her back and she told us she didn't want to learn anymore. I was really hard, and I was pretty upset, I just get so mad at Satan because he is always trying to ruin and destroy and thing that we have done. But I just remember that there is still good in this world and that is what I am fighting for.
Anyways......This past week has seemed like a blur I really can't even remember half the stuff that has happened. Oh so Hari's birthday was yesterday and his friends threw him a huge party and of course there alcohol everywhere, but he didn't drink a single drop. I was blown away. Of course I knew that he wouldn't, but still it was a pretty cool thing to see. I just love that kid, I wish that you all could meet everyone that we are teaching, because they are the coolest of the cool. I am sorry I am sure all of you are sleeping, I just love talking about the people we are teaching!

So I really am excited to hear from you all! It seems like forever! But hey its okay. Sorry this is a pretty lame email, but really I don't have any really cool stories that I can think of at the moment. Oh wait I just remembered one....:D
So yesterday was the Tait's last meeting with us and I am sad to see them go. But just for fun Sister Nicholl's and I made them a "Sponge Cake" to see them off. We went to the store and bought some normal cleaning sponges put them together on a pan and covered them in frosting. to be honest it looked like a super good cake. So we took it to our district meeting and it was so funny! We sang them a really sappy song "God be with you till we meet again." And I'm not going to lie I felt pretty bad but it was actually really funny! the Tait's laughed which was awesome, but the Elders were kind of sad. They really wanted a real cake. Boys.....

Well that's all that I have to report for this week. Stay safe, be happy and I will be talking to you on the phone is just a little over a month. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Sister Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment