Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feeling Right At Home

Dear Family,

With the phone call this past Sunday, It's true I totally felt right at home, everyone is still the same and I love it. I am really sorry that we weren't able to see each other face to face for very long. I will see you in two months!! Thank you so much for being the best mom, dad, and sister ever!! I love you! Dad it was great to hear you I wish we could have talked longer, Jordan your the sweetest little thing and you make me laugh I also wish I could have talked to you more. Mom thank you for being the best, what more can I say. Your amazing!

The weather here as been dark and dreary for long enough. I am starting to get sick of the rain, but it will only help me appreciate the sun that much more. Funny story about the rain. So we ride bikes....and in the rain its not the most fun activity. Well we had a miracle happen for us this past week. Andrea one of our ward missionaries came teaching with us and just happened to drive a van so we were able to put our bikes in the back and get a ride. Then later that night it was still raining, and sister Davis and I were really wet and cold. Well we were waiting for a bus that never came, so we had a member come and pick us up again. We were seriously blessed that day. Really we are so blessed everyday, but I just thought it was funny how much God really watches out for us. Even in the small things.


This past week was a really good week. I loved it! We had a lot of success and I pray that we find more. But like always we also have oppostion. So Monday we got a call from Xiao Han explaining that he had gotten into an argument with his parents over religion. It broke my heart. we scheduled to see him yesterday and it was a really good lesson. A wise person once taught me to listen to the person speaking and not just throw the Book of Mormon in their face and tell them to read. We went and listened to his situation and just expressed our feelings of concern and love. we then shared about putting all your trust in God. By the end of the lesson he was laughing and smiling. It was a great experience. I am really sad to say that I have had experiences like this in the past, but I feel that I am learning how to help people more when these situations come up. I love this work it truly is the greatest!

We had two days of leadership training it was a great experience. There are no words to express the power of 26 young men and women kneeling down in prayer together to ask for the Lord's help with this great work. It made me realized how much I have to work on, which is a good thing. I am excited to work hard for the next two months. I can't even believe just how fast everything is going by. I am sorry that I don't really know what to write. I just hope that this finds you well.

love,

Sister Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment