Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Lord is my light...

Dear Family,

Hello!! How are all of you? I got your smile card mom and I love it!! Did you make that? Also thank you for the smoothie recipes! I am so excited to try them. So is Orderville getting way warm? Just tell my everything!!
So I must tell you all a mission is the best thing ever! It is hard, but it is so worth it. I am learning so much! so here in the mission we hear a lot about what we should do and how to do it. But you all know me I get board unless we actually go out and do something about it. So I came across 1 Nephi 3:7 and what really stuck out to me was the part when Nephi says he will GO and DO the things the Lord commands. He didn't say well...maybe when I have time or after I learn a little more. He just knew what he needed to do and he did it. I love Nephi's get'er done attitude. I am striving to be more like him in everything that I do in the mission. My time here is to short to say well...when I learn more then I will go out and try. SO even though I am weak I am going and doing what the Lord has commanded me. Anyways that is just one thing that I have been able to apply while I have been here. Also there is this really amazing talk titled "The Master Bridge Builder" by Thomas S. Monson. You all should totally look it up and read it, cause I know you would love it.
Okay as for me I am doing so good! This last week has been like always quite the adventure. Sister Olsen and I got a car to use for about a month which is so nice! It is BRAND NEW!! I never thought I would drive the nicest cars I have ever driven in my life on my mission! It is way fun! Lol so this week I got asked out on a date, by one of our investigators. It was so awkward. But at the same time so funny! This last week we also met with a lady named Keisha Carmichael. She is the funniest lady I have ever met. I am excited to let you know how it goes. Also the other day we were out knocking and we knocked into this lady named Rebbecca. She is from Mexico and she was at work baby sitting when we met her. She seemed really interested and we gave her a Book of Mormon. I will also let you know that this one pans out as well. So last night we were out knocking and at each door we knocked on it went something like this: I'm Jewish......you have 25 SECONDS!......Sure I'll take a card, actually I am not going to look at it you can have it back.....you can call my Bill Ritchie, or real Bi#!$!!......Some man speaking Chinese??? ( me walking away scratching my head) It was probably the most entertaining street I have knocked since I have been here on my mission. It makes my laugh just thinking about it. Well Family I am doing so well I love you all and thank you so much for the support!!!

Love,

sister Crofts

2 comments:

  1. I had an admirer on my mission. It was at the end of my mission, and I just tried to avoid him. But after I got home to the States, I received a registered letter from him. It was a proposal!!! I wrote back and told him not to contact me anymore. I felt sorry for him, but not sorry enough to endulge him. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kind of funny that she was asked out on a date. Kind of interesting that you were proposed to in a letter. Life is interesting.

    ReplyDelete