Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ITS DECEMBER!!

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the PACKAGE!! I wasn't even expecting it and I just love it to pieces. I love the pictures the most so thanks!! So this week has once again flown by and here I am again writing you. To be honest the weather isn't to bad yet. yes it gets cold when you are out in it all day long, but I am still alive. The good news is that the sun is still shining. I am nervous for those long dark months when I will not see the sun. I just know that Heavenly Father is blessing me. And I am so grateful. Yesterday we were out finding and we ran into so many people that I know. We had former investigators stop and talk to us, members, and even current investigators. Also when I was on the bus I looked around and noticed a couple of people that I know that work on campus at Dalhousie. It made me smile. I just love these people here and I am going to be so sad when I leave.
So on Sunday Vikram came to church and he had a really good time, he met with a lot of people and seemed more comfortable than the first time he came. That same Sunday I called one of our investigators named Isaiah to see if he was going to make it to any of church. He said that he had a really bad day and that he didn't really feel up to it. Me being the person that I am I asked if we could stop by later and see him. Sister Nicholls was kind of upset, but she went along with it anyway. So we get to his house and share what we share, and it was so cool he totally opened up and told us everything that has been going on. I was shocked! His life is super super crazy and I feel bad for the kid. But it was really good, because now we understand a little more about where he is coming from.

So for a long time now I have wanted to switch up the area's because first of all I have been here for a while so I have knocked every street in my area about three or more times, so everyone knows me and second because in part of the Elders area there is so much student housing! So I finally got the Elders to switch it and now Sister Nicholls and I are knocking in a new part of town and I absolutely love it! New faces, new streets, New houses. It has been really fun so far. That reminds me of something that happened last night while we were knocking in out new area.
Around the end of the night 8ish (mind you the sun goes down around 4:30) We were knocking in our new area :) on a street called Tobin. Everything is going pretty well we get some good potentials and Sister Nicholls and I are just having a swell time. As we walk down the street we came to a door with a large fence around it. I open the gate and walk inside. Thinking that's strange why would someone have such a big fence in the middle of a city? We knock on the door and from the inside we heard a loud growl/bark. I look at sister Nicholls and I'm like, here we go! The door flies open and all I see is this huge white fur ball with razor sharp teeth!! Thankfully the owner grabbed the creature and restrained it. I was frozen, and Sister Nicholls was stumbling over what to say. in the mean while the owner was talking to the dog saying, "No Sparky! They are are friends." I was thinking I can't believe this! And then she said, he doesn't bite he just wants to give you a hug! I was thinking if that little woman lets go of that huge beast I am done for!! Finally I mustard up the courage and said we would just come back. It was hilarious and Sister Nicholls and I laughed all the way home. There's a dog story for you! It makes me laugh just thinking about it!

Hey did you know that it is December! In 25 days I will we talking to you! This is awesome. There are a lot of fun things coming up in the next few weeks and I am super excited to tell you about the many adventures I will be having. The mission is going well. Finals are coming up here so many of our investigators are super busy and so is everyone else that we knock into. But I love it here. I am happy and I am so grateful for EVERYTHING!!!

Love,

Sister Crofts

P.S. Jordan did you know that you are beautiful because its the real truth! I love those pictures of you. and Mom same with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment