Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Monday, January 10, 2011

“We cannot see the future with precision, but we can know what the Lord intends and what it will take [for] each of us to qualify personally to partic

Dear Family,

HI!! Thanks for the all the emails and birthday wishes! I am super excited for my birthday I don't even know why, because I don't really have anything planned.. Kallie reminded me last year on my birthday that instead of having just a day to do whatever I went with the missionaries teaching, and that's what I am going to do this year, except I am the missionary now. Sometimes it is still strange for me to be a missionary, but I love it. Mom When I heard about your almost car accident that scared my life, and to make it even better Dad you almost died too! You all need to be careful! Thanks for keeping me updated on life in the Valley.

So it finally really snowed here! yesterday was such a crazy day. We went to church at 9 o'clock because we had and investigator coming with us, his name is Kuol Its sounds like (Kwal) he is from Sudan and he is awesome! So we were just sitting at church and I look out the doors and all I see is white! The snow was falling so hard and so fast. They stopped church early so people could get home, and our church which starts at 12:30 was cancelled! So yesterday we spent most of the time trudging around in the snow. I am so grateful for my snow boots! I am just so grateful that it has been such a mild winter so far.

We went to go see one our recent converts named Joe Xue the one from China. Anyways I just have to say that guy has the most amazing testimony. I remember before he was baptized we kept going back and forth maybe its true maybe its not and now wow! He has such a strong testimony. I really look up to people who sacrifice so much to have the gospel in their lives. Sometimes I wish I have been a convert to the church, but I am just grateful that I am able to share it with others, and see the change of heart people are able to experience. I am sure I have said this before, but being a missionary has taught me a lot about patience. I am the person that wants everything done now and I don't want to wait, but as I have been here, and as I have come closer to Christ I have gained a lot of understanding. I understand that change is hard, and that is takes time, (sometimes a long time) But I do know that its happens, because I have seen it not only in others, but in myself!
To be honest I don't have many stories or exciting things to say but I am sure next week will just be full of crazy stuff! I love you all so much! Thanks for everything and I am sorry that this is so boring.

Love,

Your favorite missionary

SISTER CROFTS

No comments:

Post a Comment