Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hanging out in Limbo

Dear Family,

Wow this has been the craziest week of my life. It has really taken its toll on me. I am so tired and I hope that I can regain my strength. Ever since I got to Fredericton I have been pushing myself to my limits. I am trying to stay so busy so that I don't have to think about Halifax and all the other drama that is going on in my life. Mom/dad you know what I am talking about. Every night I am so tired, but it is good for me..I think it makes me stronger? :) No but really I am doing well. I am adjusting to my new area better than I thought I would. Its actually really awesome here I love it. It reminds me of Ceder city. So its pretty small, but still a good size. Also the ward here is super cute! I am excited to get to know all of them. We are teaching some really cool people right now once I get to know them better I will tell you about them.

Backing up a bit I was suppose to leave Halifax on Thursday at 5 A.M., but because of weather the new missionaries got stuck in New York, so I was able to stay in Halifax one more day. Also I am suppose to be in a trio, but one of the new missionaries is sick so I am just with Sister Hamblin right now. Which I am totally fine with I love Sister Hamblin. she was my MTC companion and I have waited all my mission to serve with her. Together we are dynamite (what out Fredericton!) Things have been crazy here I am just glad things are a little back to normal. It has felt nice to knock doors and freeze my bum off. Today the high is -12 :D SCARY!!! If I freeze to death just know that I love you all! (Joke)
There is so much snow here its funny! I get to wear my nice snow boots every day which is awesome, because me feet stay super warm and dry. Man I have met so many people, and I have been doing so much that I don't even know what to write. On Saturday we taught an investigator named Jing who we committed to be baptized on April 23rd She said yes and is super excited. She is from China and I can't help but love her. The people I get to meet here are so amazing.
I have a car now so that is different. To be honest I miss walking and I am super scared that I am going to get FAT! I mean we get a lot more done with a car, but at the same time we miss out on walking benefits. Anyways is doesn't matter. I am doing well and I am trying really hard to do my best. I only have 6 months left and I know that I need to push it to the end. Thank you so much for all your love and support I means the world to me. Let me know what I can do to help! I love you all to the moon and back!!

Love,

Sister Crofts

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister Crofts and Sister A. Crofts, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and the spirit felt as your daughter serves. She sounds like an amazing woman and you should be so proud of her and the great service and love that she is giving. We are taking my son to the MTC on Feb 16th and he will also be serving in the Canada Halifax Mission. Ashley's letters have helped me to have a glimpse into the area. I look forward each week to Ashley's letters. I was going to comment before but we were in Arizona and California on business and a vacation. My son will be probably going to Halifax March 9th around there, Im assuming, and his birthday is on the 13th. I have to ask what is the bakery that delivers for you? I would greatly appreciate if you wouldn't mind sharing so that I can have a cake or something delivered to the Mission home upon his arrival. My email is dl.parsons@shaw.ca We do have a family blog if you prefer to post there at oursasklife.blogspot.com Thank you so much for the inspiring letters and sharing them.

    Sincerely,
    Dee Parsons

    ReplyDelete