Sister Crofts

Sister Crofts
Sister Crofts at the airport when she arrived home

Thursday, September 30, 2010

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa

Dear Family,

Another week has passed and gone and so much has happened. First of all General Conference is coming up and I am super excited!! I love it when I watch conference because I know (Well...I hope) that you are all watching it at the same time as me, and it makes me feel closer to you all. It is such an amazing blessing that we have a living prophet on the earth!!! Heavenly Father truly does love us, and its true that His whole work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. (Moses 1:39) I am so grateful that I get to share this wonderful news with others and let them know that God does love them, and he has provided a perfect plan through His son Jesus Christ, that through him we might be saved after all we can do. The gospel really does make me happy. I love it the most when people accept the message and their lives change. Of course everyone has struggles, but truly this life wasn't and isn't meant to be easy, we are here to learn, to grow, to be stretched even when we don't think we can go on. I personally know that Jesus Christ is my savior and we will never walk alone. He has descended below all things and it is up to us to let him into our lives.
So I am sick! I have a cold and I hate it. But don't worry I am getting better I think, plus I am tough as a horse. I got sick at the perfect time though, because I have been able to sleep today, because Its our P-Day WOOT WOOT!!! We woke up at 6:30 and got ready and studied until 10 and then I went back to sleep until noon! It was awesome! You all know how much I love naps! And you know how much I don't get to do that on my mission, but hey its a sacrifice I am willing to make. :) So just a random thought, did you know that Adaiza is getting married, well she is most likely already married, crazy stuff! If you go to her reception please let her know that I love her!!
Alright so last Friday one of our investigators Vivek Hari from India took us to a little restaurant called, "Curry Village" It was the first time I had Indian food and it was SOOOOO Good! I am totally converted to Indian food, It was almost a week ago and I am still talking about it. The food was so colorful and it smelled and tasted great! Yum its making my mouth water just thinking about it! I think that I really want to go to India someday, just because everyone that I have met from there are really nice and plus the culture and everything is amazing!! I just had to tell you all about that because it was so awesome. Its funny last week on Monday another investigator of ours made us Chinese food YUM! Then later in the week we had Indian food and on Sunday we had free food at break the fast. I love food! And I just love the different cultures here in Canada. I mean I have friends from India, China, St. Lucia, Africa, Canada, England, Brazil, etc. It is just amazing and I feel so blessed to be able to know so many amazing people. I really do love the people here and I am so happy that I am serving here!!! Happy days!
So the leaves on the trees are turning colors and it makes me happy. I am glad that Halifax gets all four seasons. But can you believe that on Friday it will be October. I have almost been out 8 months! Time is really going by fast. Before you know it Christmas will be here, then Mothers day, and BAM I will be home.
So the saddest thing happened yesterday...I had to say good bye to Sister Johnson :( She has been sick for the past 6 weeks because I mold that has got into her system and She was seriously dieing, so she was sent home. And after she gets better she wont be able to come back here, because of the mold that grows like crazy. It was so sad, because I really wanted to serve with her again, because she was my favorite. And I love her so much!!! I miss her, but I know that she needed to go home. It just seems like a reoccurring theme in my life that the people that I love so much get taken away from me, but like I said earlier life wasn't meant to be easy I am here to learn, I am just grateful that I have a knowledge of why I am here so I understand why things don't always go as planned. I am telling you family this gospel is perfect and it just makes so much sense.
But over all guess what I am super Happy! I love my life and I love where I am right now. And guess what else....the best is yet to come!!!!

Love,

The coolest
Sister Crofts you've ever known!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment